Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Nutile Tries to Continue the Winning Tradition

Nutile Tries to Continue the Winning Tradition

Photo by: National Underclassmen Football Combine

Nutile Tries to Continue the Winning Tradition

Courtesy: Steven Barsamian / National Underclassmen Combine
          Release: October 16, 2012
Send this article to a friend Print RSS
Don Bosco's Quarterback Frank Nutile Talks Favorites
Don Bosco Prep's (NJ) Frank Nutile is in his first season as the starting quarterback for the Ironmen. Nutile possess the measurables and talent to be as successful as his predecessors at the position. At 6-4 and 200 pounds, Nutile has the prototypical size of a pro style quarterback along with a great arm. Nutile has the ability to make every throw and has the arm strength to hit sideline routes to the field.
Don Bosco is off to a 4-1 start, including an impressive win over St. Thomas Aquinas in Florida. The Ironmen's long winning streak was ended by Gilman (MD) in their first game of the season. Nutile is off to a good start to the season.
Steven Barsamian NUC: First question how is the season going so far?
Frank Nutile: It's going well. We're really starting to come together now and getting better every week.
NUC: I know you guys lost your first game in like 43 consecutive games, what was your reaction to that?
FN: I was really angry, and disappointed I was both angry and disappointed at myself because I didn't play my best that game and could've played a lot better.
NUC: You guys are replacing a lot of talent from last year on both sides of the ball, how do guys replace those guys?
FN: The coaches do a real good job of coaching everyone up so everyone has really done a good job of filling in for all the players that left and everyone is really stepping up.
NUC: This is your first year running the show, how would you rate your performance and is it everything you expected being the QB at Bosco?
FN: I think I'm doing pretty well, there's plenty of things I need to get better on and I'm really taking steps to get better at them every day and yes it really is everything I expected.
NUC: What are your expectations for your team this season?
FN: Definitely to win a state championship that's like the goal every year for us at Don Bosco.
NUC: What do you guys need to do to achieve those goals?
FN: Really just to keep getting better every day in practice and we're taking those strides to get better everyday.
NUC: What are your individual goals for the season?
FN: My main goal for the season is to just win states and keep up the winning tradition here.
NUC: What would you say your strengths are as a player?
FN: My size, arm strength, and my football IQ.
NUC: What improvements have you made since last season?
FN: I've done a lot of work on my footwork and have come a long way with that.
NUC: What drills did do you do to improve your footwork?
FN: I did a lot of work with agility ladders, and I was also doing a jump rope regiment that really helped my footwork out.
NUC: You guys just came back from Utah, how was that experience playing all the way across the country?
FN: It was really a great experience, we had a real good time out there and most importantly we got the win so it was a real good experience for all the guys.
NUC: They recently changed the rule on the percentage of games you have to play in state, mostly for you guys and the rest of the parochial schools. What do you think of playing in the out of state games?
FN: I like them a lot.   They are really good games and good for the team and it helps our team get a lot better.
NUC: Do you guys feel you have to prove Jersey football is as good as any other state?
FN: Yeah definitely we have some of the best football in the country.
NUC: Ok some personal questions, what is about football that makes you love playing it?
FN: I just really love the sport and everything about it I'm really intrigued by it.
NUC: What is something that people don't know about you?
FN: I kind of like country music (Laughs)
NUC: OK Favorite Country music Song?
FN: I really don't have a favorite I just started getting into it now (Laughs)
NUC: Favorite video game?
FN: NCAA Football, NBA2k, Madden
NUC: Iphone or Droid or Blackberry?
FN: iphone
NUC: What is your favorite route to throw?
FN: Definitely the deep post
NUC: Some recruiting stuff. How's the recruiting process going?
FN: It's going well
NUC: What teams are showing the most interest right now?
FN: I've been getting a lot of letters from like Pitt, Rutgers, and Penn State.
NUC: Have any teams told you they are close to offering?
FN: No I haven't had any talks like that yet
NUC: Do you have any favorites at this point?
FN: Probably Rutgers
NUC: Ok the home state school. I know former Don Bosco quarterback Gary Nova is having success there. What do you like about Rutgers?
FN: Yeah he's having a lot of success there and I really like how all the NJ kids are starting to go there right out of High School.
NUC: Are you planning on visiting any schools during the season?
FN: Maybe I'll go to a game if we get time off. I would likely go to a game from like some of the invites I've gotten in the mail.
NUC: Ok so nothing really set?
FN: Yeah nothing set; it all depends on like our schedule.
NUC: Oh Ok. You were recently named in NUC's top 25 for the class of 2014 in NJ, what was your reaction to that?
FN: It felt really good to be named in that it is truly an honor.
NUC: Ok last question who is your favorite QB to watch?
FN: Peyton Manning definitely I've always looked up to him as a kid.

No comments: