Monday, April 9, 2012

Walker Focused on a Top 3

Walker Focused on a Top 3
Photo by: National Underclassmen Football Combine

Walker Focused on a Top 3

Courtesy: Chris Smith / National Underclassmen Combine
          Release: April 09, 2012
Send this article to a friend Print RSS
Earlier this Spring Dominic Walker from Orlando, Florida (Evans HS) stood out among all competitors at the NUC Florida 5 Star Showcase and ever since then he has seen his recruitment launch into another atmosphere. Walker was a stud prospect at the Showcase and schools have since recognized those talents and begun to pursue him in a major way. He has seen his offer list grow within the past couple of weeks and now he is at the point where is he starting to focus all of his attention on a certain group of three.
"My college recruitment has been great so far and right now I am taking a serious look at a particular three in Florida St, Texas A&M and Vanderbilt," said Walker. "I really like all three a lot and I would put all of them on equal ground right now for my commitment."
Walker is an electric playmaker who stands 6'2 194lbs and has the speed and athleticism to become a big time game breaker on the collegiate playing field. He is dripping with potential and not only his current leaders but all offered schools seem to think the best is yet to come.
"All the schools I talk to love my overall game and the potential I bring to the next level," said Walker. "My three favorites stay in contact me all the time and tell me each time how needed my talents are in their offenses. All the schools recruiting me seem genuine and like everything about my game. I personally think I have a long way to go but it's good to hear from college coaches who seem to think otherwise."
Walker has the mindset that he would like to get his college decision out of the way before he gets into his senior season. He has cut down his list to a certain three and is focusing a lot of his attention towards them. Walker is listening to others but is mainly keeping his eye on the final three he currently has in place.
"I am hearing from others and listening but I am mostly focusing my attention on Florida St, Texas A&M and Vanderbilt and I will likely choose between those three," said Walker. "I like everything about the Seminoles and I have teammates who are currently committed there, so it would be great to play with them. I recently came off a visit to Vanderbilt and I was really surprised by my trip there and I would honestly say I loved my visit. It was a great city and the coaches seem real cool. I have yet to visit Texas A&M so I want to see what they have to offer before I make my final decision."
Walker wants to be sure he takes all three visits before he makes his commitment. He really likes what all three schools have to offer but needs to see A&M and he plans to do that soon. Walker is bright young man who knows what he is looking for in a college program and after he eventually makes his visit to College Station he should have all the information he needs to make his college choice.
"I really need to visit Texas A&M before I feel fully comfortable in making a decision," said Walker. "I plan to visit within the next couple of weeks and I am excited about getting a chance to see what they are all about. After that visit I will start to look at making my choice and the main thing I am looking for is playing time. I really think I can come in and contribute right away. I just want the chance to step on the field immediately and contribute in any way possible. All three schools seem receptive to letting me have the chance to play next year so it looks like I will have a tough decision on my hands."
*NUC Florida 5 Star Showcase - WR MVP* (5 Star Showcase Interview)
2011 Stats: 40 catches 700 yards 8 Td's
Offers: Boston College, Florida, Florida St, Georgia, Louisville, Marshall, Memphis, South Carolina, South Florida, Texas A&M and Vanderbilt. Others Interested: Alabama, Arkansas, Cincinnati, Miami FL, Missouri, Tennessee and UCF.

No comments: