Monday, April 9, 2012

2 SEC Visits This Weekend for Knoxville O-Lineman

2 SEC Visits This Weekend for Knoxville O-Lineman

Photo by: National Underclassmen Football Combine

2 SEC Visits This Weekend for Knoxville O-Lineman

Courtesy: Chris Smith / National Underclassmen Combine
          Release: April 06, 2012
Send this article to a friend Print RSS
Brett Dockery (Farragut HS, TN) is headed down south this weekend to take in unofficial visits with both Mississippi State and Auburn and he is hoping he leaves a good impression on both coaching staffs and hopefully heads back home with official college offers.
"I am real excited about seeing two SEC college campuses and getting a chance to meet with two exceptional coaching staffs," said Dockery. "I am going down to Mississippi State on Friday and then going over to Auburn on Saturday. I am looking forward to both visits and I think it should be a fun experience for me."
Dockery is a 6'4 290lb offensive lineman that has generated solid interest from several Southeastern Conference football programs but has yet to receive his first official college offer. Dockery is hoping his swing through SEC country will give coaches a chance to see him in person and hopefully gain that initial first offer.
"I am currently on a visit tour through the next couple of weeks and it actually started at Georgia Tech last weekend," said Dockery. "After my State and Auburn visits and I am planning to be at Vanderbilt on the 14th for their spring game and then to Tennessee on the 21st. I am real excited to see all these places and a few of them have said that seeing me in person could lead to me receiving an offer.
Dockery is a physical and smart offensive lineman who could play guard or tackle at the next level and he doesn't care which position it is as long as he gets a chance to play college football.
"I consider myself a versatile, physical and intelligent lineman that can do just about anything asked of him that needs to be done along the offensive line," said Dockery. "I really like to hit people and I think I do a good job at both run blocking and in pass blocking. I would like to improve my overall speed and my hand placement but I am a hard worker and I am good at taking directions."
Dockery remains patient as he waits for that first offer to arrive, but is willing to take his time so he can find the best school for him. He is a level headed young man that knows what he wants in his future home and plans to use all the information he gathers on his trips to ultimately choose the best fit for him.
"I am open to all schools right now and willing to take my time before I am ready to make my final decision," said Dockery. "I am mainly looking for an academic school that holds their athletics in high regards and also a campus lifestyle that I will enjoy being around for the duration of my college career.
*NUC 5 Star Invite*
Schools Interested: Auburn, Arkansas St, Duke, Georgia Tech, Harvard, LSU, Middle Tennessee St, Mississippi St, Nebraska, Princeton, Tennessee, UAB, Vanderbilt and Wisconsin.

No comments: