Monday, February 27, 2012

Tony Bonadies Palisades Park Leonia Lineman Could be Close to Breaking Out

Palisades Park Lineman Could be Close to Breaking Out

Photo by: National Underclassmen Football Combine

Palisades Park Lineman Could be Close to Breaking Out

Courtesy: Chris Smith / National Underclassmen Combine
Release: February 27, 2012

Send this article to a friend Print RSS





Tony Bonadies from Leonia, New Jersey is an interior offensive lineman who is beginning to feel the pressure of college recruiting come his way and he could be very close to receiving his first BCS level offer. Bonadies plays the center position along the offensive line and he brings a savvyness and physical demeanor each time he steps out on the field. Tony is looking to play on the highest level possible in college football and he has been preparing for a long offseason of recruiting after his junior season concluded.

"I have been waiting for this moment for a long time and I am excited about where my recruitment could lead me. My goal has always been to play football at the highest level and play alongside some of the best football players in the country. I am a hard worker who strives to be the best and I believe my work ethic will take me a long way in life, said Bonadies."

Tony has yet to see that first marque offer come through, but that could change in the very near future. He has been receiving steady interest from the likes of Boston College, Rutgers, UConn, Pittsburgh and Duke while more schools are calling and catching an interest in Bonadies. He is looking to take his time and find the best place that fits his needs and wants before he is ultimately ready to make a final decision.

"Right now I am just sitting back and enjoying the whole process. It is nice to feel pursued and to be liked by several different college coaches. I am still waiting for the big offer to come through and I think after making a couple of visits here soon I will finally see that offer happen. Boston College, Rutgers and Temple have been recruiting me the hardest and I think that next offer could come from either one of those three. I am real interested in BC and I have it in the plans to visit there really soon. I am also planning to see Rutgers soon as well and I am hoping after those visits that offers will come with them, said the Palisades Park High School lineman."

Tony Bonadies is a versatile lineman who could play multiple positions along the offensive line. He has played all positions in the past and that versatility could come in favor when it comes to being recruited. Tony looks to translate into the center position in college football and he has the smarts and athleticism to eventually turn into a college starting lineman. He has several strengths that work well in the college game and he believes he has everything it takes to succeed at the next step in his football career.

"I consider myself an athletic and physical lineman who can get to the second level and keep my opponent away from my quarterback. I have quick feet along with the agility to move well along the offensive line. I do a good job of getting myself in position to make the block and keep him at bay long enough for my offense to make a play. I think I need to continue to work on my overall strength as well as placing my hands better on my opponent. I will continue to get better and my work ethic is unmatched. I believe I am a Division 1 football player and will continue to push myself until I reach that plateau, said Bonadies."

*NUC 5 Star Invite*

College Offers: Bryant. Others Interested: Boston College, Clemson, UConn, Duke, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Stanford, South Florida and Temple.

Tony Bonadies Highlights

No comments: