Monday, February 27, 2012

Scepaniak is waiting for that Big Offer to Arrive

Scepaniak is waiting for that Big Offer to Arrive
Photo by: National Underclassmen Football Combine

Scepaniak is waiting for that Big Offer to Arrive

Courtesy: National Underclassmen Football Combine Staff
Release: February 24, 2012

Send this article to a friend Print RSS





Upstate New York sports a QB who stands 6'5 225lbs and has all the tools to become an outstanding signal caller at the collegiate football level. Caleb Scepaniak from Seton Catholic Central High School in Binghamton, New York is a highly thought of prospect in his region who has the arm, smarts and leadership qualities to take the next step in his football career and he is hoping that next step is on the Division 1 football level.

Caleb is a cerebral quarterback who knows how to read a defense and pick apart an opposing secondary all game long. He has a right arm attached to him that allows him to pin point his passes and hit receivers right on target without them losing stride in their routes. Caleb takes pride in being accurate and having the ability to give his receivers all the best opportunities to succeed.

"I believe the biggest strength about my quarterback skills is my accuracy. I really like the feel of being able to put the football right on target and giving my receivers a chance to make a play on the ball after the catch. I also think I have the arm to make all the throws needed to win ball games. I think I can play on the Division 1 football level because of my ability to read defenses, make the precise throw and the arm to throw it all over the field, said Scepaniak."

Early on Caleb has received good feedback from several Division 1 coaches who seem to be interested in his size and overall quarterback talents. He has already picked up official offers from Buffalo and Cornell with several others like Penn State, Iowa, Boston College and Syracuse showing strong interest. Caleb is looking to take his talents to the highest level possible in Division 1 and he is willing to wait as long as it takes so he can find the best program that fits his skills.

"My recruitment has gone pretty good so far but it hasn't gotten to hectic as of yet. I received early offers from Buffalo and Cornell and have been talking with Penn State and Boston College for quite some time. I am originally from Pennsylvania so I grew up a fan of the Nittney Lions and I have taken visits there several times in the past. I have also been able to visit Boston College as well and I really liked my time over there. I really likes the coaches at BC and I would be excited to receive an offer from them. Iowa has started to come on here as of late and they really want me to come down there for one of their player camps. I think I might try to get down there and check things out because I really like their program and how they build young men into great football players, he said."

Caleb Scepaniak isn't looking to make any decisions anytime soon as he is just getting started with his process and getting a true feel as to who is interested in his abilities. He will be looking for a school that stands strong with their academics and holds their player accountable with their responsibilities of being a student athlete. Caleb carries a GPA of 3.6 and the hopes of majoring in Business Management in college and finding his major will be a key point in choosing his college destination.

"I plan to use my spring and summer to go out on college campuses and get a better view of what each school recruiting me is offering. I will be thorough when it comes to researching what each school has compared to each other. Academics are number one on my list and especially their graduation rates of their football players. I want to be around coaches that will push me to be the best football player but also push me to be the best student I can be. I should start to hit the road sometime soon. I just need to sort through all my junior day invites and choose the ones I want to attend. I will have fun throughout this whole process but keep a focused mind on what I want to be surrounded with during my college experience, said Scepaniak."

*NUC 5 Star Invite*

2011 Stats: (6 games) 1,235 yards 11 Td's

College Offers: Buffalo and Cornell. Others Interested: Boston College, Bowling Green, UConn, Duke, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, North Carolina State, Ohio, Penn State, Rutgers, Syracuse, Temple, Toledo and Western Michigan.

Caleb Scepaniak Highlights

No comments: