Wednesday, April 21, 2010

NUC MVP Interview: Brian Grove Orlando Sophomore MVP

Coach Schuman: What did you do to prepare for the National Underclassmen Combine?
Brian Grove: I've worked hard this off season in the weightroom and on the track.  I gained some speed and strength and got myself mentally prepared.

Coach Schuman: Have you been to the NUC before? How did you do? What were your expectations going into this year's event?
Brian Grove: I went to the same NUC combine my freshman year, but was not prepared for the one on ones.  Although I wasn't an MVP last , I did get an invite to the Ultimate 100. My goal this year was to put it all out there in the one on ones.

Coach Schuman: You were MVP! What are your goals now?
Brian Grove: I'm training and getting ready for spring football.  This summer I plan to go the Ultimate 100 and to be a stand out there.   
   
Coach Schuman: How did you hear about the National Underclassmen Combine and what was your favorite part about the event?
Brian Grove: Two of our senior captains attended last year and told me about it.  I defiantly had the most fun in the one on ones.

Coach Schuman: If you can choose 5 schools where you would be interested in playing what would they be?
Brian Grove:Vanderbilt, Virginia, Florida State, Georgia Tech, and Michigan

Coach Schuman: What do you like about high school football? What are your goals for your team and yourself?
Brian Grove:The competition, the friends, and Friday nights. Our goal is to make it deep into the playoffs this year.  My goal is to help my team accomplish this goal.

Coach Schuman: Do you play other sports? Tell me about your accomplishments?
Brian Grove: Until this year I played baseball, but gave it up this year to run track.  Trank has allowed me to continue with my weight training and has helped me improve my speed.  I am member of the National Honor Society and had a 4.18 GPA last term.

Coach Schuman: What is your favorite thing about football? What makes it a great sport to you?
Brian Grove: My team, and of course that feeling you get when you make a big play. It's a great sport because of the intensity and because it is so physical.

Coach Schuman: Tell me about your training regimen...How do you get better every day?
Brian Grove: I have a weight training class during school.  During track season, I also have a short football team workout with either agility work or weights before track practice.  During track practice, I usually run 1,000 meters a day in sprints.

Coach Schuman: What are you looking for in a college? Academically? football?
Brian Grove: I really want a school that has a good engineering program and where I will have a chance to play football.

No comments: