RB * 5’10 * 225 * SR * @HesimanHayes
PROS
  • Prototypical NFL Size with ability to make defenders miss; great cuts, spin move and stiff arm.
  • Runs hard and hungry—finishes runs with contact and power; falls forward through tacklers.
  • Great overall vision of the field, bursts through holes and has game breaking play speed.
  • Four-year starter. Very bright and studies trends to mold his game for NFL style.
  • Has the ability to run in-between tackles or cut it to the outside, where he becomes touchdown threat.
CONS
  • Dismissed from Monmouth for violation of team rules
  • Wasn’t actively used as receiver through his career
  • Small school competition
NOTES & QUOTES
  • Played in FCS Scout Bowl in December and looked explosive, ran hard, and scored a touchdown in the contest
  • Very humble and intelligent young man; when speaking with him last week I asked him what he believed his strengths were going into the NFL Draft Process:
“I consider myself a complete back, I can play all three downs and don’t feel like I have to come off the field.”
Q&A
Where are you from? Middletown, CT.
Who is your role model, and why? My mother, she inspires me to be better and do great things. One of the main reasons I work so hard. Supported three children on her own after a divorce through much adversity.
Did you play any other sports growing up? Basketball, baseball, track.
Did you play any other positions in football? Safety, cornerback, linebacker.
At your position, what separates you from others? My explosion and vision, as well as my knowledge of the game and ability to do it all. Run, Catch, Block anything that is needed at the running back position and then some I can do without having to bring in another back into the game.
When you are breaking down film, what do you look for? When evaluating myself I look for what I did correct and what I can improve on even on great plays there is always much room for improvement. I look at myself on film as if I do not know myself i.e tendencies, likes, dislikes etc. the reason being so I can evaluate myself with no biases. I do not feel there is a bigger critic than I am of myself. When studying other opponents I like to study there tendencies, strengths and weaknesses, and attack them where I feel they are most vulnerable. I also look for how defenses respond to adverse situations like bad penalties, big plays etc. knowing your opponent from a mental and emotional standpoint is just as crucial as physical.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be and why? I have heard many comparisons before, but I cannot think of any players I am more alike than others. I study the NFL I study running backs I take what I learn from different running styles and what works in this league and put them together into one piece. When looking at balanced backs I think Ladaveon Bell encompasses this new bread that has all of the attributes you look for in a back. I look to bring that to the NFL, but with even more explosiveness, quickness, and ability to actually line up in the slot and run against linebackers and defensive backs.
What was the biggest obstacle in your life you had to overcome, and how did you overcome it? My house was raided my senior year season high school, my brother went to jail, my mother lost her job, and we were evicted out of our apartment all in the same week. I overcame it through football and my teammates, and by being the man of house I knew I had to be strong for my Mother and sister
What is your biggest strength? My explosiveness
What is your biggest weakness? Turning down the dial on my explosiveness
If I were a GM and gave you a second to sell yourself, what would you say? I am a natural born leader, I have never been out worked in my life, I push myself harder than anyone I have ever met, I WILL accomplish everything I set out to, I will be one of the greatest to play this game.
Who was your favorite player and NFL team growing up? Ladainian Tomlinson-Chargers
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would you choose? My mother, Jimi Hendrix, Malcom X
Watch Highlihts
STATS
            Carries           Rush Yds        Avg      TDs
2011    216                  865                  3.7       14      
2012    159                  659                  4.1       11      
2013    243                  1,111               4.6       7        
2014    134                  498                  3.7       3
*Senior Season at Southern Connecticut