Sunday, August 12, 2012

Class of 2015 Kyle Phipps (Don Bosco, NJ) Discusses the Upcoming Season

Class of 2015 Kyle Phipps (Don Bosco, NJ) Discusses the Upcoming Season

Photo by: National Underclassmen Football Combine

Class of 2015 Kyle Phipps (Don Bosco, NJ) Discusses the Upcoming Season

Courtesy: Steven Barsamian / National Underclassmen Combine         Release: August 07, 2012
Send this article to a friendPrintRSS
Kyle Phipps played varsity last season for Linden High School (NJ) as a freshmen. Last month Phipps decided to continue his high school at national powerhouse Don Bosco. Phipps is looking to replace Don Bosco's running back tandem from last season.
At 5-8 and 170 pounds, Phipps is a very shifty runner and has great vision. As a freshman, Phipps was able to average 81 yards rushing per game. At the NUC Five Star Combine in New Jersey, Phipps put on a show, winning the RB MVP and Fastest Player. Phipps ran a 4.6 forty at the event and dominated in the one-on-ones.
 
 
Steven Barsamian NUC: First question how are the offseason workouts going?
Kyle Phipps: Offseason workouts are very intense, but I'm doing great.
NUC: You recently transferred to Don Bosco, what was the reason for transferring?
KP: I was originally supposed to be there for my frosh year, but I was going to have transportation problems. Now that those problems are not a factor anymore I just wanted to experience what it's like to play at a power house football school like Bosco.
NUC: How has the transition been from Linden to Bosco?
KP: Very difficult.   In terms of the workouts, not being with my friends from my hometown, and just having to be more mature.  I'm doing better now.
NUC: How do you like your new teammates? And how have you been received by them?
KP: I love my teammates. It's all about family. We all got each other's backs and I have been received by them as another trustworthy teammate.
NUC: I know you only been there for a short time but what is it about Bosco that produces all these state championships?
KP: It's all about the HARDWORK, DEDICATION, and just being FAMILY...
NUC: What are your expectations for next season?
KP: My expectation is to have a VERY successful year... Can't wait!
NUC: You are replacing the tandem of Jabrill Peppers and Elijah Shumate at running back, how do you go about doing that?
KP: It's a big role and I'm ready to step up to the challenge and prove everyone that I'm capable of taking care of the job!
NUC: What are your individual goals for next year?
KP: Becoming a top RB in the country!
NUC: What are your strengths as an RB?
KP: My strengths are seeing/hitting the holes hard and making defenders miss.
NUC: What do you need improve on for this season?
KP: The only thing I need to improve on is just staying consistent each & every play
NUC: Ok Favorite Musician?
KP: Tie between Jay-Z and Kanye West
NUC: Favorite Pro team?
KP: Baltimore Ravens
NUC: So a Ray Rice fan? Favorite song on Watch the Throne?
KP: Yes I am, and they are all my favorites (Laughs)
NUC: I know you are only a sophomore but how has the recruiting process been going?
KP: I only got a hand written letter from UCLA but other than that I'm looking forward to getting lots of attention from schools soon.
NUC: Cool... have you attended any college camps this summer?
KP: No, I haven't.
NUC: How did you like the NUC five star combine?
KP: Good, I received RB MVP and Fastest Man Award
NUC: Did you have a favorite college team growing up?
KP: Texas has been a favorite team of mine growing up!
NUC: With Ruhann Peele and Bosco having a string of kids going to Rutgers, what's your interest in a home state school?
KP: I actually like Rutgers, so I would be interested!
NUC: Alright last question...what game are you looking forward to this year and how excited are you for the season to start?
KP: The game I'm looking for this year is our 1st game against Gilman. When I do well, I can build my spark from there

No comments: