Wednesday, April 11, 2012

#NUC Exclusive: Stribling Excited for NUC South 5 Star Showcase---Courtesy of the #RealNUC

Stribling Excited for NUC South 5 Star Showcase

Photo by: National Underclassmen Football Combine

Stribling Excited for NUC South 5 Star Showcase

Courtesy: Chris Smith / National Underclassmen Combine
          Release: April 11, 2012
Send this article to a friend Print RSS
This weekend in Atlanta, Georgia the NUC South 5 Star Showcase will pit some of the best prospects in the South against each other and one of the top receiver prospects that is headed to the Showcase is Matthews, North Carolina (Butler HS) WR Channing Stribling.
Stribling is a 6'2 170lb offensive threat that can produce on the football field in many ways and he is looking to put on a show down in Atlanta this upcoming weekend.
"I am excited about competing with NUC this weekend in Atlanta and getting the chance to showcase my skills in front of the right people and against great competition," said Stribling. "I like competition and I think this event will give me a chance to show people what kind of talents I have and what I can offer to an offense."
Stribling is a big time athlete who is also a three sport star. He is running track at this current time and is also planning to play AAU basketball this summer. Stribling is a naturally gifted athlete that was given the abilities to play multiple sports but football could ultimately be his calling.
He has yet to receive his first official offer but is hearing from several BCS level programs that seem real interested in his talents. Stribling has been able to take a few unofficial visits and he is planning take a few more throughout the next couple of months.
"I am still waiting on my first offer to arrive but the interest has been strong for a while and I am hoping my first offer comes soon," said Stribling. "I have been talking the most to North Carolina, North Carolina St, Duke, Miami FL, Minnesota and Florida. I have taken visits to both UNC and Duke already and I am looking to see Florida and Miami FL here very soon. I believe more schools will become interested as I attend more camps and give coaches a better chance to evaluate my talents."
Stribling is a humbled young man who appreciates his time on the field and the chance he gets to spend with his teammates. He enjoys playing sports and has the feel of one of those gym rat types of players you find in basketball. Stribling works extra hard on his craft and tries each day to become a better player than he was the day before. His work ethic both on and off the field and his dedication to all of his team's makes him the type of teammate that any college coach would want on their teams.
"I love playing sports and I just enjoy each and every moment I get to display my god given athletic abilities," said Stribling. "I like to branch myself out when it comes playing sports. I like playing basketball and I am getting interest from colleges in that as well. I am working hard this offseason to get ready for football because I think that is where my future will be. I like working hard because I think it makes you tough and disciplined. I strive to be the best I can in everything I put my mind to and right now I am focused on putting on a big show for NUC this weekend."
2011 Stats: Offense - 37 catches 636 yards 8 Td's  23 carries for 209 yards  Defense - 37 tackles 6 Int's 14 pass breakups
Schools Interested: Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Duke, Florida, Miami FL, Minnesota, North Carolina, North Carolina St, Notre Dame, Ohio St, South Carolina and Tennessee.
Channing Stribling Highlights

No comments: