Thursday, April 12, 2012

Illinois TE Commits to Play in the SEC

Illinois TE Commits to Play in the SEC

Photo by: National Underclassmen Football Combine

Illinois TE Commits to Play in the SEC

Courtesy: Chris Smith / National Underclassmen Combine
          Release: April 12, 2012
Send this article to a friend Print RSS
Nathan Marcus from Glen Ellyn, Illinois (Glenbard West HS) had been debating in his mind about making a possible commitment after he recently made an unofficial visit to Vanderbilt University and on Wednesday night he finally decided to go with his gut as he made his college commitment to the Commodores.
Marcus is a 6'5 215lb tight end that collected multiple offers from several BCS level programs, but after visiting Vanderbilt's campus in Nashville, Tennessee last week he headed back home with the idea that Vanderbilt University was the absolute perfect place for him.
"I decided to commit to Vanderbilt on Wednesday night and I couldn't be happier about being a future Commodore," said Marcus. "I really enjoyed my time down in Nashville and it was the best visit I had been on. Everything about being down there is special to me and I really think they have something going in the right direction. I just felt in my heart that Vanderbilt was the place for me and I am excited about being a part of the future of Commodore football."
Marcus is an athletic pass catching tight end that has excellent potential and room to keep getting bigger. He has a great frame that needs added muscle but certainly has the look of a starting college tight end. Marcus displays excellent hands and the ability to get down the field in a hurry. He can run and his athleticism allows him to become a mismatch for any defender on defense.
Marcus was pursued by several high level football programs and more schools are sure to come in the picture before it is all said and done. He has the talents to play at the highest plateau in college football and he believes playing in the SEC and with Vanderbilt will be the best path for him to succeed in college.
"I always wanted to commit early and when I gained all the info I could on Vandy I was sold on them and was ready to end my recruitment," said Marcus. "I had been talking a lot to Boston College, Northwestern and Illinois as well as Vanderbilt and after I made my visit to see the Commodores it sold me on everything I wanted in a college experience and I knew where I wanted to spend the next 4 to 5 years of my life. Academics, big time college football and a coaching staff that cares about you in every way is what sold me on the Commodores and I am defiantly ready to take that next step in my life."
Marcus is sure to not see his recruitment end as there is still plenty of time for schools to get involved and show interest in his talents. He has a lot tools you look for in a pass catching tight end and college coaches from all around the country could look his way to find that tight end even though he is committed. Marcus says he is sure to hear from others all the way up until Signing Day but according to him he is 100% committed and does not plan to change his mind.
"I am absolutely and positively 100% committed to Vanderbilt and I do not plan to change my mind," said Marcus. "I love to idea of being a Vanderbilt Commodore and I have bought in to what they got going on down there. I know schools will continue to recruit me but I will tell each school that calls every time that I am not de-committing and I will sign my letter of intent to attend Vanderbilt University."
*NUC 5 Star Invite*
Offers: Vanderbilt (Committed), Boston College, Duke, Indiana, Northwestern, Toledo and Wake Forest. Others Interested: Illinois, Iowa, Michigan St, Northern Illinois, Purdue and Wisconsin.

No comments: