Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Andrew Brown - NUC Five Star New Jersey

Andrew Brown - NUC Five Star New Jersey

Photo by: National Underclassmen Football Combine

Andrew Brown - NUC Five Star New Jersey

Courtesy: Mike Coppinger / National Underclassmen Football Combine
          Release: April 04, 2012
Send this article to a friend Print RSS
ROBBINSVILLE, N.J. - The No. 2 overall player at the NUC Five Star Showcase, Andrew Brown is a dominating force in the trenches.
The hulking defensive tackle from Indian River High in Chesapeake, Va. was the Defensive Line MVP, blowing by opposing lineman at the Robbinsville Field House on Sunday.
At 6-3 ½, 285 and still just a sophomore, it's easy to see why Brown will be one of the most sought after lineman in the nation.
Brown is fast, explosive and strong. He has violent hands which he puts to good use and great closing speed. His high athleticism and change of direction skills project him as a top three technique at the next level.
Already commanding five major offers, Brown has his eye on playing in the ACC, telling Nationalunderclassmen.com his top three choices right now are Virginia Tech, UVA and UNC.
Education is very important to Brown and he hopes to parlay his love for music into a career.
"I want an arts degree in audio engineering," said Brown. "I want to get in the studio and make music. That's what I like to do. I also play the piano.
"I listen to rap when getting hyped for a game. My favorite is Waka Flaka Flame."
Brown runs a 4.9 40 but hopes to improve on his speed among other things.
Just turned 16, Brown recalls his best game, but knows he still has room for improvement.
"My freshman year I had a game with eight tackles and seven sacks in one game," said Brown. "I'd like to improve on speed, I want to get down to a 4.7. I would also like to improve on quickness and my size."

No comments: