Thursday, February 23, 2012

Marietta WR Headed to Lexington this Weekend

Marietta WR Headed to Lexington this Weekend

Photo by: National Underclassmen Football Combine

Marietta WR Headed to Lexington this Weekend

Courtesy: Chris Smith / National Underclassmen Combine
Release: February 23, 2012

Send this article to a friend Print RSS





WR Tyree Harris (Marietta HS, GA) recently came off his first junior day camp at Mississippi State University last weekend and he is headed to another Southeastern Conference school this Saturday for another junior day with the Kentucky Wildcats. Tyree has already received an official offer from Kentucky and according to him there could be a possibility of a commitment before he leaves Lexington.

"I am headed up to Kentucky this weekend excited about seeing the coaches and seeing the campus. The coaches at Kentucky have been recruiting me for quite some time now and I really like what they are selling in a college experience. I have been thinking about Kentucky a lot lately and I think I could commit to them while I am up there this weekend, but I am still debating on if I want to make a commitment or not at this time, said Harris."

Tyree comes from the state of Georgia where many kids grow up either Bulldog or Yellow Jacket fans and that's no different for Harris. He grew up a big Georgia Bulldog fan and has followed them throughout his young life. Tyree has received official offers from Boston College, Kentucky, Mississippi State and Central Florida thus far and he is hoping at some time the Bulldogs come through with an offer as well.

"I would say the three schools that stand out to me the most right now would be Kentucky, Georgia and Mississippi State. I have always had love for Georgia and at one point in my life I saw myself playing football in Athens, but now I am more open minded to others and willing to look in different directions. I will say if I did have an offer from Georgia it would seriously make me weight all my options and see if I had an opportunity better than staying at home, said Harris."

Standing 6'2 175lbs, Tyree Harris is a silky smooth wide receiver who displays outstanding hands and the ability to make plays down the field. He still has room to grow and time to learn on the field but he has tremendous potential along with the smarts to make an impact on the college game once he arrives. Tyree has the concept of making a commitment on his mind at this time but he also understands he has tons of time to go before his recruiting process is completely over with.

"My recruitment has been great for me so far and I couldn't ask for anything else. It can be hectic at times but also fun at the same time. There is a long way to go before everything is said and done and I will be willing to have an open mind throughout the process. I want to mainly find a place that will push me to become the absolute best player I can be and when I finally leave college having the feeling that I am fully prepared to jump into the real world and survive with the tools I learned during my college experience. Making my college choice will be a hard decision to make but a decision that must be made eventually, said Harris."

*NUC 5 Star Invite*

2011 Stats: 50 catches 850 yards 8 Td's

College Offers: Boston College, Central Florida, Kentucky and Mississippi State. Others Interested: Duke, Georgia, Georgia Tech, North Carolina State and Virginia Tech.

Tyree Harris Highlights

No comments: