Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Hannon Receives Big Offer from Cornhuskers

Hannon Receives Big Offer from Cornhuskers

Photo by: National Underclassmen Football Combine

Hannon Receives Big Offer from Cornhuskers

Courtesy: Chris Smith / National Underclassmen Combine
Release: February 28, 2012

Send this article to a friend Print RSS





OG Zach Hannon out of Kansas City, Missouri (Rockhurst HS) is a fast rising offensive lineman who picked up a prestigious offer on Monday night from the University of Nebraska and that is an offer that had been put in the works for quite some time. Hannon is a former teammate of now future Cornhusker player Michael Rose and with some first-hand insight and the coaches in the back pocket, Rose surely made the Nebraska coaches take notice and take a serious interest into Hannon's talents.

"Me and Mike are real good friends and we continue to train together and he has been pushing me to the coaches up at Nebraska for a while now. I never really expected an offer to come but when I got home from working out Monday night I saw that I had a Facebook message from Coach Garrison of Nebraska and that he wanted me to call him asap. As soon as I called he immediately offered me and told me that all the coaches on staff loved my abilities and potential at the next level, said Hannon."

Zach had already received official offers from Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas, Illinois and Iowa State before the Cornhuskers came through with offer number six and now claims Nebraska to be a serious contender for his services and a program he plans to see and gather as much information about as he can.

"I am real excited about the Nebraska offer and I feel so blessed that I am able to have people interested enough in me to offer me an opportunity to earn a college education. The University of Nebraska is a great school that has a tremendous football program with great academics behind it. I don't have any favorites right now but Nebraska is a cool I plan to know more about, said Hannon."

Rockhurst High School has produced several BCS level football players over the last couple of years and Zach Hannon looks to continue that trend. His recruitment is still in the early stages with more schools showing interest every day and Hannon is interested in anyone that is willing to put forth the time to recruit him. He plans to visit several college campuses over the spring and summer with the hopes of making a decision before the start of his senior season.

"My plan is to have my college commitment done and over with sometime this summer so I can fully focus on my senior season and help lead my team to a State championship. I don't have too many visits set up as of yet but I do have a visit set for Oklahoma and I plan to make to Nebraska with Michael Rose at some point in time. There are more schools beginning to recruit me like Florida, Notre Dame, Purdue, Ohio State and others so I might try to set up some other visits depending on their offer status. I have a busy couple of months ahead of me so I am just preparing for it all and getting ready to focus a lot of my attention on my recruitment, said Hannon."

*NUC 5 Star Invite*

College Offers: Arkansas, Illinois, Iowa State, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska. Others Interested: Florida, Indiana, Kansas State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Purdue and Tulsa.

Zach Hannon Highlights

No comments: