Monday, February 27, 2012

Derrick Green-Richmond RB Could be Best Overall Talent in 2012

Richmond RB Could be Best Overall Talent in 2012

Photo by: National Underclassmen Football Combine

Richmond RB Could be Best Overall Talent in 2012

Courtesy: Chris Smith / National Underclassmen Combine
Release: February 27, 2012

Send this article to a friend Print RSS





Hermitage HS, Virginia RB Derrick Green is a prospect that was blessed with out of this world talents on the football field and regardless of position he could easily be the best overall prospect in the 2013 football recruiting class. Derrick stands 6'0 215lbs and has been clocked at 4.31 in the forty yard dash. He is a well put together prospect who exudes potential and has all the skills needed to be a dominate ball carrier at the college football level.

Green has the overall skill set to handle anything thrown his way and he looks good while doing it. Derrick has the speed and strength to break tackles and keep his legs churning all the way into the end zone while also having excellent hands out of the backfield. He has the capabilities to make a game changing play anytime the football is in his hands and he relishes the moments when his team calls his name to make something happen.

"I am a big moment and big play guy. I like having the spotlight on me and I don't mind having the pressure put on my shoulders. My attitude towards each game is that hard work and the willingness to sacrifice for you team is the way to go towards winning the game. I am a complete teammate who is willing to doing whatever it takes to see my team succeed. I also consider myself a complete back that can do multiple things on the field. My hands, speed, elusiveness and strength are the main key traits about my game that stand out the most, said Green."

Derrick Green is a home run hitting running back who is being sought after by just about every single college football program in the country. He is thought of by many as to be the best running back prospect for the 2013 recruiting class and his early offer list indicates that. Derrick is not short of options when it comes to choosing his future college, but he is a long ways away from coming up with a final decision.

"My college recruitment has gone way faster than I ever thought it would. I never expected to be sitting at this time with so many official offers but I am totally blessed and happy that so many coaches believe in my abilities. I am just sitting back and enjoying the whole experience and seeing what all comes my way, said Green."

Derrick currently holds offers from the likes of Virginia, Virginia Tech, USC, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Michigan and Auburn as well as others with even more schools coming in with eventual offers. He is seeing college coaches stay in contact with him on a pretty consistent basis and trying to inform him on every detail they can about their respected programs. Green is staying patient with everything and not trying to make any rash decisions while he takes his time throughout his college recruitment.

"My plan is to make my commitment on National Signing Day, so I am just going to sit back and enjoy my time and have a clear head all the way throughout my recruitment. I don't have any favorites or leaders at this time but I did grow up watching and liking Ohio State. My favorite player to watch on TV was Eddie George and I like to think I model my game after him, but faster. I am just going to gain as much info as I can on each school recruiting as well as take all my official visits before I am ready to put an end to my recruitment, said the Hermitage High School star."

Football is something that Derrick Green holds near and dear to his heart and he strives to be the best football he can be and try to eventually reach the highest level possible. He puts in the work on a day to day basis on and the place you will most likely find him is inside the weight room. Derrick is a work out warrior that enjoys conditioning his body to its maximum potential and keeping it in the best shape it can be. His goal is to become the best player in college football and his work ethic provides the groundwork for a long career inside the game he loves.

"I really enjoy pushing myself to the ultimate and putting my body through the rigors so I can be fully prepared for lies ahead of me in college. I am inside the weight room seven days a week working on some part of my body and keeping myself in tip top shape. I would love to come in and play immediately but I am willing to wait my turn if need be. I just want to make sure I am ready to go if my number is called so I will continue to work hard and stay patient for my time. I mainly want to be around people that will provide me the structure to succeed both on the field as well as off of it. I want to be the best player in football and I will find that place that helps me reach my goal, said Green."

*NUC 5 Star Invite*

2011 Stats: 1,512 yards rushing 20 Td's

College Offers: Arkansas, Auburn, Clemson, Michigan, Ole Miss, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State, Purdue, Rutgers, South Carolina, Tennessee, USC, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin. Others Interested: Alabama, Boston College, Miami FL, Pittsburgh and Oregon.

Derrick Green Highlights

No comments: