Sunday, February 14, 2010

Exclusive NUC Interview with Sam Kamp of Mountain View- Mesa, Phoenix NUC Junior DL MVp





 
Coach Schuman and Sam Kamp at NUC Phoenix

Coach Schuman: What did you do to prepare for the National Underclassmen Combine?


Sam Kamp: I went to the pre-combine training the Friday before. The pre combine training helped me prepare mentally for what was coming up and I got to reinforce and work on some of my skills.


Coach Schuman: Have you been to the NUC before? How did you do? What were your expectations going into this years event? 
Sam Kamp:I've been to a few football camps but never an NUC combine. I expected plenty of competition and i thought there was alot of great athletes there. I feel individually that my times and max's weren't what i was hoping for but i'm always improving and will make my goals.


Coach Schuman:You were MVP! What are your goals now?
Sam Kamp:One of my biggest personal goals is to gain 15 or 20 pounds of muscle while keeping my first two steps off the line quick. I'm also planning on getting my 40 time down to a 4.8 before the season starts.


Coach Schuman: How did you hear about the National Underclassmen Combine and what was your favorite part about the event?
Sam Kamp:I've been hearing about the NUC camp for years now from friends and football players that i've talked to. My favorite part had to be the one on one's just because of the competitiveness that comes with it.

Coach Schuman:If you can choose 6 schools where you would be interested in playing what would they be?
Sam Kamp:UCLA, San Diego State, Cal, Oregon, Texas, ASU
 
Coach Schuman:What do you like about high school football? What are your goals for your team and yourself?
Sam Kamp:I love the comradery and working alongside my team mates to be the best. The school that I play for; Mesa Mountain View, has one goal every season and that is to win the state championship.

Coach Schuman: Do you play other sports? Tell about your accomplishments?
Sam Kamp:Right now I'm mainly focusing on football, but i also throw shotput and discus for track and play basketball on the side for some club teams.

Coach Schuman: What is your favorite thing about football? what makes it a great sport to you?
 Sam Kamp:The physical aspect of the sport. If you don't love to hit people, play tennis.

Coach Schuman: Tell me about your training regimen...How do you get better every day? 
Sam Kamp:Right now my training involves lifting, quickness training, and eating. My two favorite workouts have got to be jumping boxes and Filibertos patron burrito.

Coach Schuman: What are you looking for in college? Academically? football? 
Sam Kamp:I'm looking for a college with a successful record, i love to win. And academically i'm planning right now on going into buisness and marketing. I want to work for Nike one day.

No comments: