Monday, February 15, 2010

Exclusive Interview with DJ Hubbard, La Joya HS, AZ-NUC Overall MVP Junior Day Phoenix

Coach Schuman: What did you do to prepare for the National Underclassmen Combine?

DJ Hubbard: I trained really hard working with my Dad, and I wanted to make sure my test results was a reflection of that.

Coach Schuman: Have you been to the NUC before? How did you do? What were your expectations going into this years event?

DJ Hubbard: I've been attending NUC since I was a freshmen. I've been blessed to have won an award every year I've attended. My 1st Overall MVP trophy was last year, and this years expectations was to follow that up. I pleased to say I accomplished that.

Coach Schuman: You were MVP! What are your goals now?

DJ Hubbard: My important goals now are to stay healthy, and become much stronger. So that I can be prepared for next years season along with my teammates.

Coach Schuman:  How did you hear about the National Underclassmen Combine and what was your favorite part about the event?

DJ Hubbard: My Dad signed me my some years back, and my favorite part would have to be the one-on-ones and the experience of being there.

Coach Schuman: If you can choose 5 schools where you would be interested in playing what would they be?

DJ Hubbard: Which ever school gives me an opportunity to play what I love.


Coach Schuman: What do you like about high school football? What are your goals for your team and yourself?

DJ Hubbard: I like the competition and how you can grow as a student/athlete. The goals for my team as a whole is to be able to make the playoffs. As an individual I want to become more of a leader to my team.


Coach Schuman: Do you play other sports? Tell about your accomplishments?

DJ Hubbard: Track would be my other sport, and I qualified for state my freshmen year.


Coach Schuman: What is your favorite thing about football? what makes it a great sport to you?

DJ Hubbard: I love the intensity of the game, and I also love being able to perform in front of my family and friends.

Coach Schuman: Tell me about your training regimen...How do you get better every day?

DJ Hubbard: I work on my overall speed, agility with my dad, and my strength training is with my football coach. I get better everyday by staying focused and keeping my mind on my goals.
Coach Schuman: What are you looking for in college? Academically? football?

DJ Hubbard: I'm looking for an excellent physical therapy program in a college. Academically I'm looking for a college who will always keep me challenged, as my education is the most important part of my life. Football wise I'm looking for a program who can develop players and prepare them for the next level.

No comments: